Fall 2019 Soccer Information
Welcome to the 2019 Shippensburg HIgh School Soccer Program! We would like to introduce the new parents, as well as the returning parents, to the very active SASD Soccer Booster Club. It is imperative that you understand that the success of the Soccer Booster Club is dependent upon the involvement of parents.
Our booster club meets the second Monday of every month at Grace United Church of Christ on the corner of Orange and Prince Streets at 7:00 pm, with the exception of July, and those meetings are held at the fair stand at the Shippensburg Fair. In the past, the Booster Club has purchased nets for the high school field, coordinated end of season banquets for the high school and middle school programs, purchased the canopy for the high school field, and has provided new duffle bags and warm-up suits for both the boy’s and girl’s high school programs. The booster club also provides food for the Greencastle High School Tournament, warm-up shirts for all new high school players, and ball runners for all high school games. Senior nights and youth nights are also coordinated by the booster club.
Fundraising is a large piece of the booster club’s focus. The fundraising plan for the 2019 Fall Season will be announced at the beginning of the season.
The fair stand at
the Shippensburg Fair is our primary fundraiser. Since it is the booster club’s primary
fundraiser, we need support and commitment from both parents and players during
fair week. The expectation is that every
player and parent will volunteer at a minimum for a four hour shift throughout
fair week. The 2019 Shippensburg Fair dates
are July 22 to July 27 so please mark your calendars now. Your help is greatly needed.
- ALL Fall Sports paperwork due to the Athletic Office NO LATER THAN August 1st. Paperwork can be obtained in the Athletic Office, HS or MS Offices or on the school website.
- Concussion Test Information:
- Schedule test on one of the following dates: July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, or 25
- Fall Sports Parents Meeting – August 5th at 6:30 PM in the SAMS Auditorium
- First Day of Soccer Practice – August 12th
- Activity Fees should be paid by August 23rd
- SASHS HS Boys & Girls Soccer Tournament (Varsity Only) – August 31st